Thursday, October 9, 2014

Letting Go

I have found that the easiest way to not contact someone in the digital age is to change the profile name of that person. Deleting a number can be awkward because if that person then contacts you again, they have your number and you might not recognize it.  By changing the name, to at least remind you to avoid the number, for me, it helps.

Currently in my phone I have, ugh, ignore, reject, to name a few. Let go is the latest.  I realized I was the one holding onto something that was lost.  I was the one that initiated contact, though seldom, it was me.  The promise made back in May of 2012 was broken.  The promise that developed the ability to trust again, well, the foundation is broken.  And when you have a broken foundation, you bulldoze that house, and rebuild.

So, it's time to let go, add that name to the list of people in the phone.  Accept the truth and let go.  So I leave with a song that adds to the melancholy of my mood.  The hope of what is to come and to what will be.  It was a great run.



I don't do many pictures on here, but this one is in June of 2012.  The day I decided I was ready to love you and believe your promise.  E still talks about this day as one of the best days of her life.  I'm so very glad she got that. 



I have a date arranged for the future and I'll go, I don't think too much of it, just a start, a moment to break the bond and loyalty to what we were.  I know it will be slow and I wish for more, but I can't keep living in the past or for a future that will never happen.

You promised you would never run.  You promised you would always be there.  You promised you would talk to me even when the words were too much.  You promised you would never leave without talking.  You promised you would come back if Oregon didn't work out.

I took you on your word, but I guess, promises are meant to be broken.

No comments: