Monday, October 27, 2014

Reading

I've been reading a lot lately.  I got into the Sookie Stackhouse years ago when my daughter spent her first week alone with her father.  It was a long time ago, but I burned through the first 6 books in a very short amount of time.  There's nothing like a good book to keep your mind busy.

Well, I stopped reading the series after the 9th book and recently I got back into the books and finished the entire series.  Yes, you can see that the writer slowed down in a sense, but the books were all great reads.  I highly recommend the series to anyone, by far better than the show that's based off the books, aka True Blood.

I also read all three books in the Divergent series.  I plan to post some quotes from the storyline, ones that don't give away what's going on, more about what I learned from AP English Literature course that I took back in High School.  The theory we had with our papers is when we read a book, we had to find the golden quote.  What is the story based off of, there is always a golden sentence, sometimes, more than one.

The series is by far better than the Hunger Games trilogy, still all three of these series, great reads.

Historical fiction with a bit of the flair in reality tends to be what interests me most in books these days.

I'm spending a lot of my time nestled into books and it's filling the empty parts of my day, after I'm done with the day-to-day chores and running around to all of E's events.  She has also taken up reading and reads 3 times as much as the other kids in her class.  I'm very happy she has come around to find that reading is a wonderful hobby to have.  It takes you places and teaches you so much.

No comments: