Tuesday, December 23, 2014

New Life

I went up to my new apartment yesterday to see the place and to help get things all settled in.  It's hard to get E registered into the school district, seems that most people lie and try to get their kids into the schools when they don't even live in the area.  So she will miss a few days of school, nothing much I can do about it.

I must say I am excited for this new adventure and am looking forward to learning the neighborhoods.  For instance, where to hike, ride a bike, go on a walk, some adventures and museums with E.  She had so much fun with me and my friend yesterday, just strolling around the area.  I'm ready to move and ready to begin.

I'm feeling very excited and not anxious, not as anxious as I was feeling and fretting about.  It will be nice to have our own bedrooms and a place to relax and entertain with guests.  Purchasing a fridge, as annoying as it is, well, there isn't much that I can do about it.  It's time to start over and do something different.  A week away from quitting my job and officially leaving and a week and a half away from moving, two weeks from starting a new job.

A lot of emotions, but I couldn't be happier to leave.  My goal is to end up in the mountains and this job will teach me many things, 5-10 years I'll be where I want to be.  I'm like the tortoise, slowly but surely wins the race.  I don't need to rush ahead and go somewhere I want to be, I'll earn it slowly, pay my dues and make it happen.  I am forever grateful for the opportunity that I had at my current job, but it is time.  It's E and me against the world, I know we'll be okay, yes I'll miss everyone, but it's time.  I made arrangements so that I could move a year ago, yes I thought it would be with someone, but whatever, E and I got this.

1 comment:

Karina said...

I wish you the best on this new journey!