Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Breathing

The joy of being an asthmatic is knowing how to be calm under pressure and learning how to control your heart rate along with your breathing.  I'm taking on a lot of work load at my new job, which can be stressful at times, as I learn the office politics.  There's a lot going on in this new position and I've asked for advice for those that have been in this position before.  It's not an easy job, but then again, I'd be bored if it was ;).

I love having my own apartment and being able to work in an industry that was my childhood hobby, well, is truly amazing.  It's just, sometimes I don't realize when the stress gets to me and I have to remember to slow down, and just breathe.  Nothing in life is easy, even breathing, us asthmatics know this the most.  I'll always remember the time I had an allergic reaction to a medication and the medical staff was amazed at my composure and ability to remain relaxed while my body, well I had no control over it, yet being fully aware.  My reaction to the doctor, well, I'm an asthmatic, you learn early on, you freak out, it gets worse and well, you don't want it to get worse.

Breathing, staying calm, and working on stress levels are important aspects of daily life, yet, life tends to get in the way.  I'm figuring out this balance.  It's not easy.  I honestly look forward to the weekends and evenings with E.  Some friends provided great advice, some more laughable commentary, but always funny, and a few more experienced friends well, too busy, such is life.

No comments: