Friday, September 11, 2015

Date Night

So, we had a date and it was a 6.5 hour Skype date.  I've never done one of those before and I was totally nervous, cuz yeah, I dunno.  We stayed up talking about random stuff and it lasted about 6.5 hours.  I'm amazed.  I mean, we had stayed up talking nearly every night from the day we met talking, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.  It's just wow.

My face says it all. I wasn't looking for anyone, I'm still dealing with my own heartache and I do not believe in the stupid saying that the best way to get over someone is to start dating other people.  I just needed time to heal, time for me, time to deal with that painful loss. I'll never fully get over JH, and I'm glad that whole aspect of my life, well, I had told him all about and he even met him.  I guess that's weird, but it's just how it turned out.

I really like this guy. He caught my eye and I don't even know it's like, wow. I love baseball and it's an amazing sport, while soccer is just a bunch of people kicking a ball back and forth.  Yet, he has this warped sense of being that soccer is an active sport and baseball is a bunch of lazy people on steroids.  He is completely wrong and has no idea what he's talking about.  So I mean hey, there's that major issue that we cannot forget, nor dismiss.

My eyes hurt and are scratchy and want to be closed and want me to go back to sleep.  I don't know how I stayed up so late talking, but I did, I did not notice the time.  I don't 'need' to be in a relationship, I've got my sh** together.  I'm fairly happy with where things are in life.  However, I want to see him again.  I enjoy talking with him and spending time with him.  I look forward to this.  I don't know how this is going to work out, but I'm excited to see where this is all going.

2 comments:

Karina said...

I'm excited for you! I've had those days where I spend hours talking about everything and nothing. =) while we know it's amazing, lets not forget to sleep. You might be alright, I guess that's from my experience, I've now come to value sleep. But every now and then I slip. Wish you lots of luck L.

L said...

Thanks Karina! I do value sleep, I rather enjoy it, I must say. It's just, I hadn't seen him in a month and we just, I dunno, we can talk about anything or nothing. I am definitely sleeping tonight!