Friday, December 4, 2015

Opa



6 years ago my 'father' passed away.  He was technically my Grandfather, my Opa; to everyone he was just your Dad.  I wanted him to walk me down the isle, see me with his great grandchildren.  He met E, I have pictures of him helping E with her drawings and with reading to her.  Words cannot express the weight of the loss of him.

Family is everything and I have my little family.  Grandma is an incredibly important person to me.  She, she is my beacon for the type of person I hope to become.  For the type of mother I want to be for E.  He never got to 'approve' of the person I was going to spend the rest of my life with.

He is the most amazing person.  He lives in all of us kids and grandkids.  He is the reason to try harder.  To be better.  To do better.

Time can heal your wounds if
You're strong and standing tall
I've been doing all of that, it didn't help at all
They say "You'll grow older, and it'll get better still"
Yes, I will, but no it won't
They don't get it, cause...

You're not there
To celebrate the man that you made
You're not there
To share in my my success and mistakes
Is it fair?
You'll never know the person I'll be
You're not there

With me...

No comments: